We appreciate everyone wanting to help but due to guidelines and restrictions we are not taking new volunteer applications at this time.
Interested in Volunteering With This Great Organization?
Thank you! Our kitchen could not operate without the year-round dedication of enthusiastic volunteers. We welcome nearly 10,000 volunteers each year: dedicated individuals, corporate teams, school and church groups, high school students and many others, from all walks of life.
Each month, almost 8,000 pounds of donated food is used to create about 250 hot meals a day, which are served free to anyone who comes to our door; no questions asked.
Most volunteers, who have had the honor of serving, work hard and, inevitably, leave the kitchen with the undeniable sense that they have personally gained more than they have given. Come see for yourself.
- We serve 200 – 300 people from 11am to 12pm Monday through Friday.
- Volunteer shifts run from 9:00am to 12:30pm (this includes prep, serving and clean-up).
- MUST BE 18 (or at least 16 and accompanied by an adult) to sign-up as a volunteer.
- Once you sign register our volunteer coordinator will be in touch – please ensure that when committing to a time, we need you to honor the commitment. We are counting on you!
- We don’t award for, nor acknowledge, court mandated hours or attorney requested hours (except for schools, churches and civic groups)
I will give a meal through grace,
and give it to someone in my place
Please be aware that the end of the year – especially during the holiday season – is our most requested time of the year and we would love your help. Help comes in several ways, especially financially. We would be so appreciative if each person who clicks on this page to volunteer could possibly contribute financially as well – as we need funds to keep our mission going, especially during the holidays and the cold months. Your gift will help to buy a warm meal or meals for those who are truly struggling right now.
A random act of kindness is often its own reward
Volunteer Registration Online
Parking – Like all downtown venues, our parking is limited. Public parking is located across the street from the kitchen at the corner of Morgan and McDowell.
Questions about volunteering? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-831-2017